Author Steven Clark Bradley is a multifaceted, professionally published author. Because of Steven’s unique experience as a world-traveling author, he is able to very vividly and authentically write about place that many have only read about and few have actually seen. Steven simply loves writing, and he has been blessed to travel extensively and loves to see the world. His travels around the world to 35 countries give him a really interesting amount and unique ways of explaining the characters in his stories. The driving force of his life is to tell the world around him what he has seen and how it impacts our lives today, how yesterday brought us to where we are now, and how it will certainly affect us all in the future.

Click Here To Go To Author Steven Clark Bradley's Amazon Author's Page

Yvonne Perry interviews Author Steven Clark Bradley About Nimrod Rising


Return To Main Menu





Today we welcome Steven Bradley to our writing blog.
He is discussing his book Nimrod Rising. Find out more about the story line, how he wrote and published the book and what he is doing to promote it.
Visit My Portfolio @ Writing.Com

Read It On communati.com

communati.com Author Steven Clark Bradley talks about his book Nimrod Rising
communati.com Nimrod Rising book seeks answer origin terrorist scourge

Click to go to blogcatalog.com



1. What is the title of your book? Give us the basic story line so we’ll know what it’s about. - The title of my third book is Nimrod Rising. Nimrod Rising is a book that seeks to answer where the terrorist scourge that currently plagues the world came from. The premise of the book is that the evil hitting the world is more than just a political phenomenon. I paint the picture that starts actually more than 4,000 years ago when the first organized Satan worshipper, Nimrod, the first king of Babylon, is born resulting from a pact made with Lucifer by Nimrod’s father Cush. As I say on the back of the book, ride the storm of Nimrod Rising. Because Nimrod Rising is a vast story of International significance, my setting is really two/fold. I like to think that I have spent a large portion of my life in the cradle of civilization. The main setting of Nimrod Rising is really, Israel. Though it takes a bit of time before the book finally settles in that small but significant country, there is a real sense throughout the book that the story is heading that way. In a real sense, Israel is the spiritual center of the world. For Muslims, there really is no breakdown of society vs. religion. The religion of Islam encompasses every part of life. Sense I have worked with Muslims for over twenty years, I could see the radicalization of the religion long before Osama Bin Laden came on the scene. Most of the first section was written before 9-11. I have never claimed to be a prophet, and actually the need of such foretellers was never necessary. The changes taking place around the world were easy for me to see having lived there for so long. With the changes hitting America spiritually and socially and with the radicals in Islam beginning to strike us because of our support of the State of Israel, it was natural that the end game scenario should take place in the nation. The Israel is a tiny nation; its impact due to its very existence keeps lights burning in the great capitals of the world.

The other major setting is right inside the United States. We picture a nation and a world that has been devastated by terror and a nation that had lost its ability and will to defeat it. America is dissolving and the social attacks slapping the nation against the family, marriage, children and the elimination of civil rights required to fight the terror has left the nation devastated. The two settings converge into a massive wild ride that, of course you’ll have to read the book to discover.

The Heroine is difficult to choose since there are three major female characters. The first two are Sally Michael, Shepard’s mother. She was kidnapped as a believer in God and forced to have Manassa Dormin’s child. She is really such a strong character and strong in faith.

Also, there is Elif Michael (Karaoglu) the Turkish wife of Shepard Michael who worked for Manassa Dormin but finds faith and turns her life and family around. She too is large in meaning in the story.

Yet, I have to say that the most powerful figure in the story is the six year old child of Shepard and Elif, Jesse. She possesses the powers of her daddy and grandfather, but the heart of the child shines through so powerfully how she reaches out to the grandfather and finds the minuscule residue of humanity left in Manassa Dormin. She can bring tears to the reader’s eyes and truly wins the day through the wisdom of a child.

My main hero of the novel has to be the character, Shepard Michael. Shepard is the son of Manassa Dormin who is the villain in the story. He is abused and used by his father to bring about the final destruction, but he remembers the principles that his mother, Sally Michael, taught him and resists his natural inclination for evil. I think we can all relate to him in that we have all had to resist doing wrong, and the wrong has often been an easier decision for us than the good. He is a really powerful figure in the story and very profound in his outlook.

The villain or bad guy is Manassa Dormin. He is really the focus of the story of Nimrod Rising. He is the 666th generation from Nimrod some 4000 years earlier. Dormin is found at the door of a police station and his parent s are never found. He is adopted by an older couple and raised as a Christian. He believes himself to be a believer but is confronted with his fate as the antichrist. The transformation he endures and his struggle against accepting his calling is a profound adventure into the spiritual world of darkness. After he finally allows the force of darkness to invade him fully, he has no turning back and finally wrestles and wins control of the world. He is very human, but somehow very determined to destroy humanity. His character is vicious and brutal and smart. He is appealing and repelling at the same time, which is normal for the son of the devil. He is a very aggressive figure throughout the story.

2. Is this the first book you have written? - No, this is my third novel that I have published but I have written six completed manuscripts and have already started editing my next novel entitled Patriot Acts.

3. How long did it take to write this book? - I spent 12 years researching this novel. The material used for this is all true historical facts. I investigated several ancient texts such as the Book of Adam and Eve, the Cave of Treasures and the Book of Enoch. Of course, the actual events in Nimrod Rising are fiction, based on prophecies from the Bible and extra-biblical materials. Whether one is a believer in such things and future events said to be awaiting the world, the story is riveting and exciting and will touch the reader in so many different ways. I consider it a book of hope and faith in the midst of evil so pervasive that there is no where to turn but to the divine.

4. How did you publish your book? - I had written for years and my work was a full-time hobby almost. My son read one of my works and challenged me to think about publishing. I sent out manuscripts on line for a few weeks and got a lot of rejections. I didn’t want to do self-printing, though I feel it has its own virtues. Then, Publish America sent me a letter stating their desire to publish my novel. Though Publish America is a Print on Demand publisher, it is traditional in every other way. They have done a very good job for me on all three novels and I am very pleased so far with them.

5. Did you work with an agent? If so, how did you find the agent? - Finding an agent has got to be the toughest thing I have tried to do. I was really upset that I got all their canned letters stating that they were not interested knowing that they had not even given my materials or synopsis a passing glance. Then I told myself that I could just get out their line up publicity myself and find people who knew what steps to take. I started producing videos for my third book, Nimrod Rising and produced eight of them that are now on my site at www.stevenbradley.net

6. Where is your book(s) available? Do you have a Web site or blog where we can learn more about you or your book? I have a blog where interested readers can watch all the videos for my novel, Nimrod Rising. There, they can also read a chapter from Nimrod Rising and both of my other novels, Stillborn and Probable Cause. My website/blog address is: www.stevenbradley.net.
My books can all be purchased at:
Amazon.com
booksamillion.com
powells.com
bordersstores.com
barnesandnoble.com
copperfields.com
7. As far as marketing, do you do more online publicity or print/radio/TV promotion? I have done almost all online publicity. My videos have been seen by more than 25,000 people and I think it is effective and it is free! I am now on almost 25 video upload sites and have had great feedback.
8. Have you hired a publicist to help promote this book? Have you worked with a publicist on any of your books? I have talked to some wonderfully helpful publicists. Of course they are in business to make money too and they tried to make it all very affordable, but, alas was always out of sight for my budget, but they have great contacts and methods, but I opted to not go that route.

9. Any other comments or things you would like for us to know? I really want the readers to know that this is not a scary book as much as it is truly a book of hope and faith and a means of making sense out of a rising chaos throughout the world. There is a lot to be learned in Nimrod Rising. I know that those who read it and feel the power of the story will feel they will have had time well spent.

Thank you, Steven. I can't wait to finish reading your book!

Yvonne Perry

Yvonne Perry publishes a free monthly ezine called Writers in the Sky. Each electronic issue is filled with information about the craft and business of writing, publishing and marketing books. You may subscribe to the newsletter and read archived issues on the company's Web site. Perry has earned the Distinguished Toastmaster Award, and puts her speaking skills to good use on Writers in the Sky Podcast—a weekly show about the craft and business of writing. Each Friday a new show is uploaded to iTunes.com and is also available on the company’s resource-rich blog.


Click this button to bookmark at your favorite site:

(-Go To The Characters of Nimrod Rising-)